Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's With a Heavy Heart ...

I share that our joy was short lived when I was diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage, but was told it's inevitable. I began spotting on Saturday. I thought it was normal and trusted my body that it was doing what it needed to be doing. Then I awoke this morning to alot of blood and knew something wasn't right. I couldn't wait until May 3rd  to go to my first prenatal checkup, so I drove to the local hospital Urgent Care/ER to get seen. (Since doctor office was closed)

I learned my cervix is closed after a pelvic exam, but I was losing a moderate amount of blood, like a regular period. I was not and am not currently experiencing any cramps. I was given my blood test results and everything looks normal but my hcg level is only 11 and urine test negative. I ended up calling DH to come be with me as I knew things were not sounding good and all I could possibly think that could make me feel better would to be wrapped in his arms. Boy am I glad he come quickly, because he was there when the doctor broke the "better luck next time news" and gave his condolences and left us to take in the news that we suffered an early miscarriage.

 DH and I hugged and cried just like when we first learned of you Baby. Whether you were 6 weeks or 36 weeks you were still our baby, you were conceived out of pure love, and you were so loved and wanted since before you even were. I have faith that God has a plan for everyone and hope for our next pregnancy to turn out as healthy as can be. DH is my absolute rock yet says the same about me somehow. Our love will always help us through the difficult times. As well as our amazing, loving supportive family. And above all our faith in Gods plan for us.

I plan on continuing my prenatal vitamins and still going to see doctor to make sure we get the go ahead to keep trying. God grant me the serenity.

RIP SBA

No comments: