Saturday, April 21, 2012

OMG! BFP 23 DPO! aka We're Pregnant!!!

Translation anyone? All those acronyms stand for:
"Oh my god, big fat positive at 23 days post ovulation".

I cannot believe it and am honestly still grasping the concept. We have hoped and prayed for this blessing to happen since our Honeymoon in Jan/Feb and now it's actually here!

I don't really know where to begin, but I know-because I was one of them-that there is a whole slew of women that love to obsess over two week wait symptoms so I want to share how I've been feeling before finding out I was pregnant from an FRER HPT (First Response Early Response Home Pregnancy Test).

3/13-3/19:  AF (Aunt Flow)

3/29-3/30: Early morning insomnia & metal/iron taste in mouth.

4/2: Started new job as sign artist that I love! Went to lunch with boss lady and co-worker at favorite mexican restaurant. Took two bites of my favorite quesadilla and had to literally run to bathroom to puke then felt much better. Weird? Only EVER puke when I've had one too many brewskis or am hungover. Have not drank at all lately, not been feeling in mood to, weird because usually socially drink Fridays.

4/3: Took shower, feeling sick, threw up when I stepped out of shower.

Felt weak & tired all week. Since I'm a  POAS (Pee On A Stick) addict I keep taking HPTs all coming back negative. I just feel in my soul I am pregnant so where is that second line I'm straining my eyes searching for!

4/10: (14 DPO today, AF due) Have a complete food aversion to everything! I work in a grocery store hand drawing signage for the store and it made me sick to my stomach and weak in my knees whenever I had to go downstairs and be in the store. Nothing sounded good to me but water. I been drinking lots of water. I normally do anyway, but just cannot get enough lately. The smell of seafood makes me nauseous worse than before. No AF.

4/11: Bad sore throat that came out of no where and lasted around 48 hours.

4/14:Hubby made a nice dinner tonight. I loved the mashed potatoes with cheese, but couldn't stand the meatloaf. I took one bite and it tasted like plastic. I couldn't even force myself to eat it and I love meatloaf. DH swears I'm pregnant. We say grace and pray we become three.

4/16: Feeling great this week and work is really fun! I truly love my job!! I really need to contact people for my food truck business, but am just too tired at the end of the day. I find myself super tired and just wishing I could sleep in yet I get insomnia at times!

4/18: My boss lady told us she is 12 weeks preggo!! So happy for her! I've accepted the fact that I'm not pregnant. I keep testing negative and just don't feel pregnant anymore since I feel myself again from last weeks aversions. AF still has not arrived so I guess there is a chance still...

4/19: (23 DPO) Seen a FRER HPT (last one) in my drawer and thought what the heck it's my first morning pee. I took it seen the control line turn pink. I set the test down, wondering to myself why I even bother but I just have this feeling I am so I cannot help but test. DH must think I'm nuts lately. I look at the test and to my disbelief there is immediately a faint line !!!!! It's faint but holy shit it's there!!!!!!!!! I immediately start bawling and check the HPT in every possible light source. When I'm positive it's positive I went to the door. DH came walking out of the garage and seen me holding the test with tears in my eyes. He smiled so big and came and scooped me up in his arms. We laughed and cried and just cannot wait to meet you. We love you so much already!!

Now the fun begins. Sharing our news! :)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww this is beautiful

Anonymous said...

I'm 17 dpo with BFNs and just grasping at straws right now, hoping I'll be one of the exceptions that gets a BFP really late. I've been searching forums and threads and blogs for any other possible late BFPs that would give me hope, and just came across yours. The post is from over two years ago, but I'm so happy for you. I teared up a little here at my desk reading your story, and can't help but pray I have a similar one in a few days. <3 Thanks for sharing. I'm happy to find hope in these few stories online while I go through my long wait.

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet