Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Babies on the Brain

That about sums it up for us lately. We are beyond excited to start trying and hope we are blessed with a pregnancy sooner than later, but only time will tell. We bought a new crib, dresser, and changing table and have already set them up in the baby's room. I watch craigslist daily for great deals on baby things we will be needing that wouldn't hurt to buy used to save a few bucks as well. Not sure really what to get on our own and what gifts are given at baby showers, but I'm planning on asking for clothes and diapers. Hopefully everything else we can accumulate over the next year. Since we are both healthy and do not have any outstanding medical conditions, conceiving shouldn't be much more than getting our timing right, so we are just leaving it up to fate. I am not worrying about tracking this, measuring that, or turning conceiving into work. We are going to just go about mattress mambo like we normally do. Since we are quite active I don't imagine it should take too long, but then again what do I know this IS my first rodeo! If within this year we do not conceive naturally on our own we will look into other options, but in the mean time just going to have fun and enjoy ourselves. How long after ttc did you?

My days are somewhat quiet now and I have some time to myself at night when DH is gone at work. I am really soaking it in and appreciating the time I have left. I'm ready for my life to get hectic, busy, and to dedicate it to raising my children up right. I look forward to being the best wife, partner, bestfriend, and lover I can be to my husband. I hope to be half the mother my Mom was to me. I see more and more of her coming out in me as I go through life and become my own person. Her lessons and lectures all seem so priceless and invaluable now. I think back to being a teenager and taking her words of wisdom for nagging, but she's right..Moms are always right. One day I would understand and now I do.She is my bestfriend and the one woman in the world that would never hurt me only ever help me. I'm so excited to become a mother myself and learn from her and experience motherhood with her by my side for support! Not to mention I also married into a large loving family of in-laws that I wouldn't trade for the world. My mother in law is so caring and compassionate and will be another great resource for me (us). I feel very fortunate to get to live the life I do and know a child will only add to our pure happiness and joy we live each day being in love and being a family. I hope to be a resource to any others out there as well. I enjoy hearing from those of you in similar positions as I am or if you can relate.  Till next time... Take Care!

No comments: