Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No Period, No Positive, No Problem?

So I have not gotten my period yet this month, but continue to test negative on the hpt's I've taken. After some research I thought maybe I should go get a blood test done, but the nurse I spoke with over the phone sort of talked me out of coming in. She said hpts are very accurate and I would be around 7 weeks if I were, but from what I read hpts can be false negatives if your hcg hormone levels are low in the first trimester. I decided to wait a couple more weeks and just monitor myself and will go in if anything changes. I've never had regular periods unless I was on bc, but then I had Mirena put in. I got Mirena removed in Dec and Jan 3-10 I had my period. Everything seemed 10-2 to go ahead and just have fun trying. So once my period stopped it was on like Donkey Kong. DH and I have always had an active love life so I just wanted to leave it up to God and whenever he decided was the right time to bless us with our lil bean. I remember getting horrible cramps on MLK Jr day on Jan 18 (implantation?) then nothing since. Cramps I attribute to PMS and gas gurgles I think are just from my diet. I'm a Wisconsin cheesehead and love my milk and cheese. I eat what I want in moderation and am pushing myself to exercise but winter makes it hard for me.

If it's true that I am about 7 weeks right now that would put my due date around October 8th, 2012 ... which is also our one year anniversary! What a wonderful gift that would be :) Any other expectant mommies out there around same time as me?

I've experienced the following symptoms but sort of tell myself it's in my head, or is it?
1.Cramping, Bloating, Gas (PMS, diet)
2.Hungry! (I love food)
3.Seems like I have more belly pooch (result of #2)
4.Dry Skin & Hair (Wisconsin winter?)
5.Butteflies(like anxiety but just recently got when just relaxing and felt like nothing I've felt)
6.Hot Flashes
7.Night sweats
8. Fatigue (uffdah I'm tired!Maybe its just winter)

Well let's keep our fingers crossed! Only time will tell...or a blood test...but time will suffice for now.

No comments: