Thursday, February 16, 2012

RHOGB

I decided to change the address to my blog to rhogb.blogspot.com. Reasoning? I made it up. It stands for Real Housewives of Green Bay ! Not that I live in Green Bay, but I do live in Wisconsin and I am a huge Packer backer so I think it fits! I would love to link up with some other housewives in Wisconsin tha blog too.

One mission I am setting out to accomplish via my blog is to share my life experiences with you. I am hoping that sharing some of my life with you can open your eyes to other lifestyles people live. Unlike the Real Housewives of OC, BH, NJ, etc I am not rich, I didn't marry my husband for money, and I don't hail from a line of wealthy business owners. My parents raised me. Not the State of Wisconsin or taxpayers dollars. My parents worked incredibly hard everyday of their lives to be able to provide for me. They taught me that in life nothing is handed to you and if you want something bad enough you will work for it and earn it. My husband & I live on a single income for now, but I am trying to start my own business venture in the restaurant industry. I am an entrepreneur by heart and thanks to having a loving and supportive husband by my side I was able to leave my 50 hr week corporate desk job earlier last year and haven't looked back since. I do not miss slaving away for minimal gratitude and shotty compensation. Feeling blessed everyday I am thankful for having the choice to get to be a stay at home wife/mom. I know even my own mother wasn't able to as bad as she wanted to be because money needed to be made.
Now before you start thinking it's all sleeping in and watching tv all day it's not. That is fun for your first week maybe that your home. Then you get stir crazy and need to keep busy. Thankfully since this is the only time in my life since I was 15 that I have not had work obligations I can really concentrate on becoming a great homemaker. So many things that got put away for rainy days are finally getting done on the massive "to-do" list I am always shuffling through in my head. It really feels great. I'm less stressed and anxiety ridden than I have been since leaving demanding position. Hubby & I are now just excited to be focusing on starting our family.
I used to work as a certified childcare teacher and that was BY FAR my most rewarding and favorite job I had. Only problem? I was living on my own and the pay of $7.75/hr and zero benefits just couldn't cut it. I was really sad to leave and remember crying when I drove home on my last day because I felt like I was letting the kiddos down by leaving them. I still went back to visit regularly and see my co-workers I missed. I'm excited to get to return to childcare, educate myself and my partner, and really apply my own theories and beliefs to my own child. I think being a SAHW/M takes sacrifice. You are on call 24/7, get paid in gum, and can really become detached from friends. Others can be very condscending to SAHW/M, but I honestly think it boils down to jealousy. I believe if a woman truly wants to put family before career you can. It's possible to live on a single income but you need to realize it's not about you anymore. No more multiple nights out on the town, shopping sprees, and blowing money on random things. You tighten up your spending and budget wisely. You make those sacrifices so that YOU no one else can raise YOUR children. At least that is how I look at it. I do not want anyone else raising the baby we chose to make, but us. Advice is always welcome though...hehe :)

I just noticed the time and need to cut my rambling short because I am meeting my friend and her newborn baby for lunch! Gotta jump in the shower! (Or like hubby says. "You should just step in the shower you could really get hurt jumping in")

Bye for now!

No comments: